For the graduates of the Master’s degree program in Chemistry (possibly for graduates of other but related fields of study) the department guarantees a rigorous procedure with the right to award RNDr. (Doctor of Natural Sciences). Candidate for RNDr. takes a rigorous examination of two subjects, one subject is obligatory and the other subject is chosen from the selection of optional subjects according to the focus of the rigorous work:
|Obligatory subject||Didactics of Chemistry|
|Optional subjects||General Chemistry and Physical Chemistry|
|Inorganic Chemistry and Analytical Chemistry|
|Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry|
More detailed information on rigorous examinations is published here. Furthermore, the applicant submits a rigorous work, which he defends before the established commission.
Other information for rigorous management
- Organizational-administrative measures related to rigorous management at the Faculty of Science of the Faculty of Science (download here).
- Excerpt from the Study and Examination Regulations of the University of Ostrava (download here).
- Request for state rigorous examination / personal questionnaire (download here).
- Rigorous Exam Application (download here).
Fees associated with rigorous control
- The amount of the fee is set out in Annex no. 4 to the OU Statute.
- In accordance with Annex no. 4 of the OU Statute, a fee of CZK 5,000 is set as compensation for the costs associated with the rigorous procedure (ie acceptance and assessment of the application, evaluation of the rigorous work, costs of the commission’s activity and ensuring of its own rigorous examination).
- Other potential costs resulting from the use of faculty equipment and information technologies will be determined after the start of the rigorous procedure in accordance with the provisions of Art. 57 odst. 3 of the Study and Examination Regulations of the Ostrava University in Ostrava.
- The specified fee is to be paid into the account of the ČNB Ostrava, account number 931761/0710, variable symbol 311008, the specific symbol will be communicated to the applicant individually.
- The fee is payable only to a candidate who is granted the right to take state rigorous examination.
- The fee is not refunded.
Information is provided by
doc. PaedDr. Dana Kričfaluši, CSc.
Department of Chemistry
Faculty of Science
University of Ostrava
30. dubna 22
701 03 Ostrava 1
telephone: 553 462 194
Further information on rigorous management at the Faculty of Science is available here.